This image represents how I felt trying to care for our lawn. So, Pam hired lawn care specialist Henry Chavez (847.372.1189) to give me a break and help maximize our home value because… Economic Benefits
- Landscaping can add as much as 14% to the resale value of a building and speed its sale by as much as 6 weeks.
- By spending 5% of the value of your home on the installation of a quality low maintenance landscape, you could boost the resale value by 15%, earning back 150% or more of your landscape investment.
- Properly selected and placed plants can lower home heating and cooling costs by as much as 20%.
- A tree shading an outdoor air conditioner unit can increase its efficiency by as much as ten percent.
- Trees, shrubs, turf, and groundcovers trap and filter dust and other pollutants out of rainwater. Plants benefit from the nutrients in this particulate matter and prevent it from becoming a source of water pollution.
- Plants improve air quality. “One tree can remove 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere annually, equaling 11,000 miles of car emissions. Landscape plants, including shrubs and turf, remove smoke, dust, and other pollutants from the air. One study showed that 1 acre of trees has the ability to remove 13 tons of particles and gases annually.
- Properly selected and placed plantings absorb sound waves, and can significantly reduce unwanted ‘noise pollution’. Additionally, in the presence of breeze, some plants make pleasant sounds of their own. Further, the wildlife attracted to a planted habitat sometimes results in pleasant natural sounds. These sounds of nature mask and further diminish unnatural noise pollution.
Finally, Henry’s lawn care assures plant beds, trees and shrubs are set a proper distance and “pitched away” from our foundation. This protects a home from standing water, foundation cracks, constantly running sump pumps, and costly repair services provide by – Ask Lon!